Apple has reportedly begun seeding Build 10D522 of Mac OS X 10.6.3 to a limited set of developers, marking the first official beta version of the third maintenance release for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, MacRumors informs.
Apple has addressed approximately 225 issues in the update, which reportedly weighs in at roughly 666 MB. The company is asking developers to focus their efforts on around 90 system components.
Somewhere on the Internet we picked up the seed note which warns of four unresolved known issues:
– Applications may not be updated if they had been moved from the default location.
– Displays Preferences may show duplicate profile entries.
– iTunes may hang when playing a web stream.
– The ColorSync Utility Filters tab may cause unexpected results.
Focus Areas (Changes in 10D522):
– Fixes an Accounts Preferences issue when there is more than one account.
– Fixes an issue with Review Duplicates when updating cards.
– Resolves importing issues with vCards.
– Resolves an issue when resizing cards.
– Resolves finding people with birthdays via an automator action.
Address Book Framework
– Resolves crashes in Mail when using the Address Book Framework.
– Resolves a Mail issue where the wrong name is displayed.
– Resolves a copy and paste issue.
– Resolves an NSFileWrapper issue.
– Fixes some AppKit crashes.
– Resolves an autocorrect spelling issue.
– Improvements to spellchecking.
– Resolves some graphics corruption issues when converting a PICT to a TIFF.
– Resolves some crashes in WWANd.
– Resolves some issues when establishing connections with a WWAN device.
– Resolves a crash in Applescript when running in 32-bit mode.
– Resolves an issue with BBEdit recording of scripts.
Apple Software Restore
– Resolves an Apple Software Restore crash.
– Resolves Font issues after log-out or reboot.
– Resolves an issue with applications with # or & symbols in its filename.
– Resolves coreservicesd crashes.
– Resolves TextEdit permissions issues.
– Performance improvements with save panels.
– Addresses compatibility issues with Wiki Server.
– Resolves crashes related to canceling a request in progress.
– Cookie fixes to broken websites.
– Resolves Exchange account authentication issues.
– Resolves a crash when a PDF document uses DeviceRGB.
– Resolves an issue where Displays Pref with Color selected unexpectedly crashes.
– Improvements to USB Ethernet adaptor behavior.
– Resolves issues with AudioUnit metering.
– Resolves some CoreAudio crashes when opening AUNetSend in 64-bit mode.
– Resolves some crashes in SpectralBandReplication when playing HTTP live stream.
– Resolves CoreData model-store mismatch issues.
– Resolves crashes in GarageBand.
– Fixes an issue in MPEG surround handler.
– Resolves some Photo Booth, iChat, and Safari crashes.
– Resolves issues with audio streaming.
– Resolves a number of crashes in CoreMedia.
– Resolves some playability issues of movies in Safari.
– Addresses compatibility issues with MTS formatted files.
– Addresses compatibility issues with MPEG4 files with AC3 tracks.
– Resolve export issues to .m4v movies.
– Resolve screen recording issues.
– Fix subtitle rendering issues with figplayL.
– Fixes an H264 decoder issue with video_range bit.
– Resolves an iMove image through built-in iSight stuttering/tearing issue.
– Improvements to CoreMedioIO graph topology.
– Resolves some display resolution and screen recording issues.
– Performance improvements when opening large PDF files in Preview.
– Resolves some crashes with iMovie in CoreText.
– Resolves some crashes with PhotoBooth in CoreText.
– Addresses issues with variation font support.
– Resolves a crash in CoreServicesUIAgent.
– Resolves a Safari issue with SSL certificates.
– Resolves a crash when creating pixel buffers simultaneously.
– Resolves some crashes in CVPixelBuffer.
– Resolves some cupsd crashes.
– Fixes an issue with the “Resume” button when printing.
– Resolves some supply levels crashes.
– Resolves some side-channel request issues.
Date & Time Pref
– Resolves an issue with clock ticking after daylight savings.
– Resolves some crashes in DataDetectors.
– Resolves hangs with NSOpenPanel in Desktop Services.
– Resolves a Flash CS4 hang when clicking the “browse” button.
– Resolves some hangs and crashes in Finder and Folder Actions Setup.
– Resolves home folder issues in the Go To window of the open/save panel.
– Resolves last opened folder issues.
– Resolves Spotlight query issues.
– Resolves Time Machine search issues.
– Resolves a copy file issue with error -36.
– Resolves an error -47 issue when user is doing a move replace of a bundle.
– Resolves UI layout issues for language specific settings.
– Resolves some crashes when using Dictionary.
– Resolves some Dictionary Panel issues.
– Resolves deadlock issues.
– Resolves some diskutil errors.
– Resolve diskutil unmount issues.
– Resolves restoring disk image issue with checksum.
– Resolves a crash in Disk Utility with a missing external drive.
– Resolves momentum scrolling issues.
– Resolves some dock crashes.
– Resolves some Expos
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.