Say what you will about the other perceived iPhone 4 shortcomings, one area which there is no question of improvement is the camera. The iPhone 4 is both a 5-megapixel still gem and 720P video recorder. Tests have been done around the web and every single one of them puts the iPhone 4 at the top of the best smartphone class near the dedicated point and shoots. In video, it again rates above all other smartphones and just below dedicated Flip HD recorders.
- BGR puts the iPhone 4 up against the Droid X in video
- Matt Buchanan did stills vs. Droid x, EVO and Canon S90
- The Washington Post has a contest comparing DSLR vs. iPhone 4
- Macworld has extensive tests in both video and stills (and even audio)
- CNET has a gallery of pictures.
- PCworld puts iPhone 4 up against Droid x
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.