Apple just announced its Q1 2012 earnings in a press release a few minutes ago, which revealed very impressive numbers from the company. Apple revealed it sold a whopping 37 million iPhones during the holiday quarter, which now gives the company the No. 1 smartphone manufacturer spot —back from Samsung, who previously held the title. Earlier this month, Samsung gave estimates of 35 million phones sold during the holiday quarter. This means Apple beat the company by 2 million.
Check out the full announcement and the live blog coming up in a few minutes for more record setting figures from Apple.
- Gartner: No one in the world uses more semiconductors than Apple (9to5mac.com)
- Apple gets Samsunged: New Galaxy S II adverts poke fun of the barista’s latte-making art, suggest Siri is no good (9to5google.com)
- Verizon admits that the majority of the smartphones it sold last quarter were 3G iPhones (9to5mac.com)
- Market shifts: Samsung beats iPhone in sales, ZTE passes Apple in global cell phone volume (9to5mac.com)
- Samsung takes smartphone title for Q3, but may not keep it long (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.