After unveiling the new iPad at today’s event, Apple officially confirmed it would continue selling the iPad 2. The entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi-only iPad 2 will get a price drop to $399. The Wi-Fi+3G model will sell for $529. The price drops will presumably take effect immediately, because preorders for the new iPad begin today.
Get all the details on the new iPad’s Retina display, LTE-capabilities, new camera system, and A5X quad-core graphics processor at 9to5Mac.
- Apple March 7th iPad event Liveblog (9to5mac.com)
- Apple drops 16GB iPad 2 to $399, $529 for Wi-Fi + 3G (9to5mac.com)
- Apple launches gestures-heavy iPhoto for iPad, can tell you weather in images. Available today for $4.99 (9to5mac.com)
- In new GarageBand, 4 iOS devices can “jam” in realtime (9to5mac.com)
- The new iPad has 10-hour battery life, is 0.6mm thicker and 0.07lbs heavier (9to5mac.com)
- New iPad preorders start today, available March 16 in ten countries (9to5mac.com)
- Yes, the new iPad is 4G LTE (9to5mac.com)
- iPad gets better cameras: iSight on the front, 5MP with 1080p video recording on the back (9to5mac.com)
- Voice Dictation on new iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Apple confirms A5X with quad-core graphics in new iPad (9to5mac.com)
- The new iPad is here and it’s got a Retina Display packing a million more pixels than your HD TV (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook: iPad is the poster child of the post PC world (9to5mac.com)
- Apple unveils new Apple TV: Streamlined UI, 1080p video output, full HD iCloud movies, same $99 price (9to5mac.com)
- Apple launching iOS 5.1 today with Japanese Siri support (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook: Post-PC devices made up 76 percent of our revenues (9to5mac.com)
- We now see International 4G iPads in Apple’s inventory system (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel