A few apps either updated or made announcements recently, and 9to5Mac gathered the most noteworthy ones in our regular round up below. Today’s crop includes a new goal-setting app backed by Twitter cofounders, a new screenwriting app with a huge launch discount, UI refreshes for a popular eReader app and stargazing app, and more. Per usual, we will continue to update this list throughout the day.
Check them out:
- WordPress iOS app gets interface overhaul, new power-user features, performance boost (9to5mac.com)
- Facebook rebuilds iOS app for speed, runs twice as fast, instant photo loading, out today (9to5mac.com)
- Apps & updates: The World Ends with You, CNN 2012 U.S. Election Center, Clueful, more (9to5mac.com)
- WordPress iOS app gets interface overhaul (9to5mac.com)
Lift for iOS | Free
Lift launched today and sports a freakishly simple UI that allows users to set goals, record activity, get support, and view progress. That’s it. The app is most notable because a few Twitter cofounders have backed it—which you can read all about in this announcing blog post from earlier this month. According to the app’s description on the App Store, Lift essentially helps folks “overcome complacency by enabling you to declare your habit goals and see when you’re actually making progress on them. And since Lift is social, you’ll get to enjoy the support of your peers and friends, many of whom are trying to form the same sorts of habits.”
Final Draft Writer for iPad | $29.99
This app also launched today, but at a special introductory price, and it comes from the makers of Final Draft, which is self-touted as the No.1-selling screenwriting software in the world. The sale features a $20 discount from the normal $49.99 price tag, but it expires Sept. 30, so those who are interested had better grab it now. The app lets users write, edit and read Final Draft scripts that are both new and existing. Formatting and pagination is set to industry standards, of course.
Kindle for iOS | Free
Version 3.2 went live today, and it added a ton of user-interface improvements like adjustable margins and a revamped navigation menu. The update further includes a Rapid Highlights section for quickly marking posts, better brightness control, and a fresh Notebook section for compiling bookmarks.
Fieldrunner 2 for iOS | $2.99
The app, which enables users to “build epic mazes out of powerful weapons to defend the world from the invading fieldrunners,” just received its first update. Version 1.1 includes:
• Beat those hard levels with an easier Casual mode! • Amazing new time trial map – Flash Fire! • Conquer the leaderboards with Game Center! • Faster levels fit your on-the-go lifestyle! • Finally beat Scrambled Eggs on Hard! • Can you spot the changes in Bizarre Bazaar? • Get coins for sharing scores on Twitter! • Glorious music is now bug free! • Enable low-fi mode to fix crashes! • Save your progress when exiting maps! • Push notifications that won’t annoy you! • Tackle the challenging Endless mode! • General bug fixes and more!
Star Walk for iOS | $2.99
Version 6.0 landed last night with amazing new visual effects, a completely rebuilt information layout, fresh gallery for Picture of the Day, and a new Sharing button. The augmented reality app, which labels all-things Universe, is notable because it won Apple’s Design Award in 2010 for the iPad version.
CloudOn for iPad | Free
Version 2.1.O hit last night with a small update: “Notifications confirming an email with a file attachment or shared link has been sent.”
Keep checking back for more!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.