Apple plans to launch the iBookstore in Brazil ahead of its media event tomorrow, according to a new report by BlogDoiPhone (translated).
The store is not currently live (update below), but screenshots of its existence are above and below. BlogDoiPhone noted a few books have begun to appear in Brazilian Portuguese when doing a search. “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams, for instance, now has a live link.
Many rumors indicate Apple will have a strong focus on education at its media event tomorrow, and recent leaks on iBooks 3.0, coupled with today’s news about the iBookstore rolling out to Brazil, seems to back those reports.
- Starbucks now available on Passbook (9to5mac.com)
- Airlines begin integrating Passbook for mobile boarding passes ahead of iOS 6 launch (9to5mac.com)
- Apple preparing to soon accept Apple Store payment cards via Passbook (9to5mac.com)
- StubHub adds Passbook support, VLC, ReaddleDocs, more (9to5mac.com)
- Mosaic, Action Movie FX, Kroger, Modern Combat 3 (9to5mac.com)
Update 1: Some of our readers claim the iBookstore is now up and running in Brazil and other Latin American countries:[tweet https://twitter.com/luiguimoterani/status/260415971896995842] [tweet https://twitter.com/betocreativo/status/260405751548346368]
Update 2: MacRumors just noticed the iBookstore is launching in a slew of new countries, including: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.