Apple has released iOS 6.0.1 to iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users. Apple says that this update includes various improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
The iPhone 5 apparently shipped with a bug that does not allow the device to receive over-the-air updates. For that reason, iPhone 5 users have to also download a patch in order to download iOS 6.0.1 through the settings app. A gallery of the process to install iOS 6.0.1 on the iPhone 5 is after the break:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.