1. Jingu Friends | Free
Version 1.4.0 of this people-finding client for WhatsApp, Kik Messenger, Hookt & LiveProfile just hit the App Store with the ability to “slap people with stickers and earn cool badges.” Additional updates include emojis in messages, as well as options to follow and get followed, post longer messages, and share links.
Screenshots are above.
2. Slacker Radio | Free
Version 4.0.119 of this music service launched today with the following update summary in the change log:
This version of Slacker Radio is all-new for iPhone and iPod, featuring a new visual interface and the debut of the Slacker “Music Guide”. Slacker listeners will discover more music, news, talk and sports than ever before. Look for the visual tile layout to view station, artist, album and song pages and enjoy improved functionality and overall stability as you experience the most complete music service available.
More apps and updates below.
- Cook: Apple Stores aren’t just stores, they are gathering places, entertainment venues, and Prozac
- Apple CEO Tim Cook calls Geenlight Capital suit a ‘silly sideshow’
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on tablet market share: ‘We have no idea what our market share is, because we’re the only company that reports what we sell’ (Zing!)
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on iPhone displays: OLED color saturation and brightness don’t measure up
3. Palringo Group Messenger | Free
Version 5.8 of this social messenger app is now live with the following updates:
- Group Chat Push Messaging – get updates about how the chat in a group is going, choose from a selection of durations from 15 minutes to 8 hours.
- Push Privacy – hide the content of a message in a Push notification.
- Chat Alerts – never miss a message with our brand new in-app chat alerts.
- Contact Online Alerts – get an alert when one of your contacts signs on – a great way to keep up to date.
- Custom Message Tones – choose your favourite from a selection of message tones
- Many, many more smaller tweaks and usability improvements.
- Bug Fixes – All apps have bugs, it’s inevitable, but we always work hard to squash as many as possible to bring you the best possible experience.
4. Hunches in Bunches- Dr. Seuss | $3.99
Version 2.1 of this Dr. Seuss title by Oceanhouse Media features the following new features:
- Record your own voice and share voice tracks with others
- New options for sound effects, hot spots and alerts
- Page selector
- New hints
- Retina main menu
5. Clear | $1.99
Version 1.2.1 of this to-do list app launched today with the option to turn off Edge Swipe in Settings. The update also includes minor iCloud tweaks.
6. iMovie | $4.99
Apple pushed out version 1.4.1 of its iMovie app for iOS today to improve reliability when sending photos from iPhoto to iMovie. The update also resolves an issue that “could affect photos in projects and trailers after restoring from a backup” and enhances overall stability.
7. Chase Mobile | Free
Version 3.39 of Chase’s official app rolled out last night with system enhancements to improve performance.
8. FIFA Soccer 13 | $4.99
Version 1.0.6 of this popular sports app by EA went out last night with fixes to the Ultimate Team feature.
1. Tetris Blitz by EA | Press Release
Tetris announced on Wednesday the development of Tetris Blitz. The company called the upcoming app an “innovative new twist on the world famous puzzle game,” and it described the app as a “lightning-fast, ‘Blitz’-style game that challenges players to race against the clock and contains fresh new features and stunning visuals for the ultimate Tetris experience.” The game will be available this spring on the App Store for free, but it will also land on Google Play and Amazon’s Appstore.
2. Tempo Smart Calendar | Free
Tempo is a new management-calendar app from SRI that attempts to handle calendars, contacts, maps, emails, text messages, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Check out 9to5Mac’s full review for more details.
3. Real Racing 3 | Free
EA has released the successor to Real Racing 2 today, Real Racing 3. It is now live in New Zealand and will roll out to the United States Feb. 28. New features include licensed tracks, an expanded 22-car grid, and over 45 cars from makers like Porsche, Lamborghini, Dodge, Bugatti, and Audi, and Time Shifted Multiplayer technology.
- Squids Wild West | 99 cents (was $1.99)
- Clear for Mac | $6.99 (was $9.99)
- ClearWeather | 99 cents (was $1.99)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.