Google announced a major update today for its Google+ mobile apps that, among a number of other features, brings some of Snapseed’s basic photo-editing enhancements to the iPhone app thanks to its recent Nik Software acquisition:
- Do basic edits like rotate and crop, as well as select filters like Drama and Retrolux
- Adjust saturation, contrast, brightness and lots more by sliding your fingers up-and-down, then left-and-right
- Single tap at any time to compare your creation with the original
Google isn’t entirely merging Snapseed into the Google+ apps, as it still recommends downloading its standalone Snapseed app for more advanced editing features. Also included is better control over managing communities such as “the ability to adjust the volume of community posts in your Home stream.” Other enhancements to communities include:
- The option to invite people to a community, or reshare items with a community
- Member search, content moderation, and report-remove-ban support for community managers
Google listed a number of other new features and enhancements, including: a new profile design, a redesigned notification tray, new set-up process of new users, and much more:
– New photo editing features: add filters, rotate and crop – New profile design – New notifications tray – New set-up flow for new users – Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities – Filter search results by best or most recent – Tell your friends about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation) – Reshare posts to communities – Display counts for unread messages in your communities – Additional community moderation features
Version 4.3.0 of Google+ for iPhone and iPad is available on the App Store now.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.