Skype updated its iOS client today with support for several different data detectors in text chats.
Now whenever someone sends you a phone number, address, or date, you can tap that information to automatically start a call, bring up a map, or create a new calendar event, respectively.
The update also now shows a bar that you can tap from any chat or the contacts list to get back to your current call.
Skype 6.6 is available on the App Store.
What’s New in Version 6.6
Phone number, date and address detection in your conversations:
– Call a phone number (using Skype Credit) direct from highlighted numbers.
– Set up calendar events by tapping highlighted dates, days and times.
– Check locations in Maps directly from highlighted addresses.
Making it easier to multi-task in Skype:
– Quickly return to a call by pressing the Active Call banner in Skype.
– Use the unread counter to easily see how many unread conversations you have when in a conversation .
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Seeing all 4 display sizes of the iPhone, and its content on the screen, I see there’s simply less scrolling done on the larger models.
This damn 4.7″ doesn’t fit into all my front pockets. Boy how I wish for a 3.5″/4″ iPhone with the latest internals.
While welcome added functionalities it still isn’t possible to send files via Skype for IOS (which I often do in Skype on Windows). Video’s and pictures must be in your picture library.