In this week’s top stories: new iOS 10 betas, iPhone 7 and 2017 iPhone rumors, the iOS 9.3.5 security update, and much more.
We kick off this week’s top stories with Apple’s latest iOS 10 beta 8 released for developers (beta 7 for public testers). The company also released the iOS 9.3.5 update for iOS users this week that included a fix for a serious security exploit.
The iPhone 7 reports continued with some supply chain chatter and speculation over how Apple might brand the next-generation device. And a couple reports offered details on what Apple has planned for its 2017 iPhones, claiming curved OLED displays and the removal of the physical Home button are in the works.
We move onto some Mac news including our report that macOS Sierra beta code hints at faster 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 for upcoming Macs, and we finish off with this week’s top video and Happy Hour podcast.
- Apple issues iOS 10 beta 8 for developers + public beta 7 for testers
- Apple issues iOS 9.3.5 software update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Comment: The Catch-22 position Apple is in regarding the iOS 9.3.5 security fix
- PSA: iOS 9.3.5 fixes serious security exploit that exposed contacts, texts, calls, & emails
- Following iOS 9.3.4 security release, Apple no longer signing iOS 9.3.3
- Sketchy product packaging photos suggest ‘iPhone 6 SE’ branding as iPhone 7 event nears
- iPhone 7 successor may introduce pricier ‘5.5-inches or larger’ curved OLED model
- Apple again said to remove Home button with iPhone coming in 2017
- Report: Apple’s iPhone 7 launch could experience supply shortages
- Apple’s macOS Sierra beta hints at faster 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 for upcoming Macs
- An external GPU for MacBook Pro, promising up to 10x performance increase
- macOS 10.12 Sierra developer beta 7 + public beta 6 hit the Mac App Store for developers
- Sony announces new wireless adapter bringing full DualShock 4 controller support to Mac
- Pokémon Go update adds monster ‘Appraisal,’ promise of ‘new and exciting’ features
- WhatsApp starting to share data with Facebook – here’s how to opt out
- Nike+ Running rebrands, highlights tracking from watchOS ahead of Apple Watch 2
- Twitter’s official iOS app gains a highly requested dark theme called ‘night mode’
- Report: iPhone 6/Plus units w/ unresponsive displays & gray flickering now widespread
- Comment: One-time codes are the Apple Pay secret weapon that’s just a little too secret
- Apple Watch drops below $200 in the US ahead of Apple Watch 2 unveiling
- Steven Levy goes in-depth with Apple execs on machine learning, Siri improvements in iOS 10
- Apple introducing three new positions & poetic credo as part of retail store shake-up [Updated]
This week’s top videos |
Happy Hour Podcast 081|
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss Apple Pay and CarPlay displays, the rumored GPS-equipped Apple Watch 2, iPhone 7, and new iMessage features arriving in iOS 10.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.