In this week’s top stories: The verdict on Apple’s new 10.5-inch iPad Pro as reviews arrive, the latest iPhone 8 reports, hands-on with some new iOS 11 features, and much more.
The iPad Pro 10.5-inch reviews landed this week including our own hands-on, in-depth video review of the device. Benchmark tests show the new iPad Pro models outperform MacBook Pro in some CPU & GPU tasks. And a 10.5-inch iPad teardown reveals a scaled-down 12.9-inch iPad Pro and gives us our first look at the inside of the new model.
The latest iPhone 8 reports arrive as one of Apple’s suppliers reportedly claims the device will include waterproofing and wireless charging features. A new leak allegedly shows leaked parts for the device. And Apple supplier Largan confirms it is shipping 3D-sensing lenses later this year in time for the iPhone 8 launch.
For Mac users, Apple’s iWork apps get a nice update with new features this week. A report estimates the maxed out iMac Pro could cost over $17K. And we take a look at how Apple’s current Mac lineup looks in terms of specs & price.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
10.5-inch iPad Pro |
- Review: 2017 10.5-inch iPad Pro – pricey, but perfect
- iPad Pro Diary: I thought I could resist the 10.5-inch model; I was wrong …
- The early 10.5-inch iPad reviews are in, and the verdict is expensive but near perfect
- Benchmark tests show new iPad Pro models outperform MacBook Pro in some CPU & GPU tasks
- Download all four new iOS wallpapers used on the 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro boxes
- 10.5-inch iPad teardown reveals a scaled-down 12.9-inch model, not a scaled-up 9.7-inch one
iPhone | iOS
- Newly leaked iPhone 8 parts give glimpse into rumored design
- Apple releases third iOS 10.3.3 beta for iPhone and iPad
- Wistron CEO let slip that upcoming iPhone will be waterproof and have wireless charging
- Apple granted patent for Touch ID sensor in power button as uncertainty remains over iPhone 8 approach
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus remain top-selling phones in U.S. as Samsung’s S8 sales disappoint
- Nest is considering Apple HomeKit as iOS 11 makes supporting existing products easier
- Apple supplier Largan confirms it is shipping 3D-sensing lenses later this year, likely destined for iPhone 8
- Top 10 QR codes supported by iOS 11
- Developer uncovers drag and drop support for iPhone in iOS 11
- Maxed out iMac Pro could cost over $17K
- Comparison: Here’s how Apple’s current Mac lineup looks in terms of specs & price
- CIA has been hacking dozens of wifi routers for years, but seemingly not Apple ones
- Apple updates iWork apps for Mac with new shape library, auto-correction features & more
- Investors bet $1.3B against AAPL as stock declines 6.2%
- A stroll through Apple Park reveals green landscape progressing [Gallery]
- Slide in AAPL stock price continues into 5th day, but needs to be viewed in context, say analysts
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for more videos.
This week’s top videos |
- Review: 2017 10.5-inch iPad Pro – pricey, but perfect [Video]
- ‘Next big thing’ coming soon to Pokémon Go, hints Niantic, as gyms down for ‘remodeling’ [Video]
- How to move multiple iPhone Home screen apps icons on iOS 11 using drag and drop [Video]
Happy Hour Podcast #124 |
This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the first iOS 11 beta, drag and drop on iPad and its potential for iPhone 8, 10.5-inch iPad Pro reviews, Planet of the Apps episode one, and much more.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.