Whether you’d like to get an idea of how much time you’re spending in various apps or would like get a better idea of how your kids are using their iPhones, follow along for how to easily breakdown your screen time.
While Apple has previously shared that is continually working on how to make its devices better for users when it comes to aspects like ‘digital health’ and parental controls, there are some tools already available in iOS 11 to help guide iPhone use.
We may see some new updates to how Apple will approach all of this next week at WWDC, similar to how Google announced its new Digital Wellbeing platform.
See how much time you’re spending in apps on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Battery
- Tap the clock icon to the right of Last 24 Hours and Last 7 Days
You’ll see the amount of time in hours and minutes that each app was used in the last 7 days or last 24 hours, just tap on the timeframe you’d like to see.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off iPhone X
- HomePod: How to create a Stereo Pair
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn on Messages in iCloud
- iPhone & iPad: How to cycle your Cellular radio
- How to go back on iPhone
- iPhone & iPad: How to view the last time you opened an app
- iPhone & iPad: How to clear cache
- Apple Watch: How to turn off Nightstand mode
- Apple Watch: How to always show last app used on wake screen
- Apple Watch: How to set a passcode
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.