There’s a feature in iMessage that allows you to send and receive audio messages. By default, these messages automatically delete after two minutes to save space in iCloud and on your device. Follow along to learn how to customize the expiration time for audio messages.
How to customize expiration time for audio messages on iPhone and iPad
- Open Settings > Messages.
- Scroll down to the audio messages section. Tap on expire.
- You’re now presented with two options: After 2 minutes or Never.
While there are limited options, at least Apple gives you an option to save the audio messages forever. Note that this is only available for users using iMessage and does not apply to messages sent via SMS.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set timers on iPhone
- How to search on iPhone
- How to disable character previews on the iPhone keyboard
- How to move iPhone apps
- How to disable location services on HomePod
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.