Whether you’d like to see the same notifications on Apple Watch as you do on iPhone, or want to tailor them for each device, read on for how to customize Apple Watch notifications.
Apple Watch can make life simpler, but if you’re receiving all of the notifications from iPhone on your wearable, it may feel like a distracting experience. Luckily watchOS offers granular notification control for Apple Watch.
How to customize Apple Watch notifications
- Open the Watch app on iPhone
- Tap on Notifications
- Tap on the apps that you’d like to customize notifications for
- Further down you can toggle off/on third-party app notifications
Here’s how the process looks:
Apple’s first-party apps will give different notification options. You can either allow them, send them to notifications center, or turn them off.
Further you can customize specific notifications within some apps.
With third-party apps, you can swipe down further and toggle off/on notifications.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones on Apple Watch
- How to sync music and podcasts to Apple Watch from iPhone
- How to disable automatic app install on Apple Watch
- How to update software on Apple Watch
- How to adjust flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad
- How to fix a red exclamation mark on Apple Watch
- How to switch to list view or grid view on Apple Watch with watchOS 5
- How to enable mute on iPad
- How to use Cc and Bcc in email on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.