This week Benjamin and Zac discuss 9to5Mac’s exclusive iPhone XS Smart Battery Case story, a limited HomePod discount holiday strategy, Qualcomm’s effort to block iPhone sales in China, location privacy on iOS apps, Apple Watch Series 4 heart rate features and battery life, the wait for an update on AirPower, and much more.
Sponsored by ZUGU Case: Check out ZUGU’s new Muse case for Apple’s 2018 iPad Pro and enter our 12.9-inch iPad Pro giveaway below.
Sponsored by Atlassian’s OpsGenie: Opsgenie empowers Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Get a free company account for up to 5 team members, forever.
- Exclusive: First look at unreleased Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone XS, three models and 2018 release possible
- Apple offering discounts on HomePod to Apple Music subscribers as holiday promotion
- China grants iPhone import and sale ban over Qualcomm dispute, but Apple seemingly has a workaround [U]
- Qualcomm says Apple in breach of China iPhone sales ban because it is still selling iPhones in China
- Some apps pass personally identifiable location data to as many as 40 companies
- Apple Watch Series 4 Heart Rate app takes ‘faster reading with higher fidelity’ using Digital Crown
- Testing Apple Watch Series 4 half marathon battery life with cellular off: over 50% after 2 hours
- Comment: AirPower update probably days away, but we’re likely beyond the good news window
- Holiday Deal Hub: Exclusive deals for 9to5Mac readers!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.