Like making use of the Today View on your iPad? Follow along for how to keep widgets on your iPad Home screen all the time.
While you can access the widgets without making them show up permanently anytime with a swipe from left to right on your Home screen, that approach means you’ll swipe twice (from right to left) to get to your second screen of apps.
When you turn the Today View widgets on for your Home screen that means you can just swipe once to move between your Home screen and additional app screens. Going further we’ll also look at how to add more widgets, organize them, as well as pin your favorites to the top of the Today View.
iPad: How to keep widgets on your Home screen
- Head to Settings
- Tap Home Screen & Dock on the left side bar
- Tap the toggle next to Keep Today View on Home Screen
Here’s how these steps look (and we’ll also cover how to add, organize and pin widgets):
If you swipe to the bottom of the widgets shown on your iPad Home screen, you can edit what’s shown and the order:
In addition to adding new widgets and organizing them, you can also pin your favorites to the top.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- How to use Apple’s COVID-19 screening app and website for yourself or someone else
- How to use Ethernet with iPad over USB-C or Lightning
- iPad Pro: How to customize the top button
- How to work from home effectively during the coronavirus outbreak
- How to clean and sanitize your iPhone without damaging it
- How to share iCloud Drive folders from iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.