Facebook is preparing a pair of major updates for its most popular iPhone applications, according to a source familiar with the apps. Facebook is testing an updated version of its main iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch client that integrates the social network’s powerful Graph Search tool. Graph Search is a feature that allows Facebook users to locate fellow users that have similar interests. For example, a Graph Search user can search for all friends who “Like” a certain Facebook page, musician, or movie. The upcoming app update incorporates Graph Search into the Facebook app’s main search bar.
In addition to the aforementioned update to the main Facebook for iOS application, Facebook is preparing a redesign of its Messenger app. Facebook is said to be internally testing two new versions of Messenger. The first version is said to look largely similar to the Messages application bundled into iOS. That version includes green interface elements. The second version in testing, which the source says is more likely to ship to end-users, is heavy on white space and very fitting for iOS 7’s design. It is not filled with blue interface elements like the new Facebook app. The new app has tabs for active/recent chats, contacts, and settings across the bottom…
A large majority of the deals we cover each day come from a variety of ‘Daily Deal’ websites that feature a couple exceptional deals for just 24 hours. We know you can’t be at your computer every second of the day, so we’re going to roundup the best daily deals to make sure you have a fair shot at the deals you want.
Today’s Featured deals:
- Apple iPad mini 64GB WiFi for $450 w/ free in-store pickup or $5 shipping
- Logitech UE Mini Boombox Bluetooth speaker, “9to5Mac’s best portable Speaker you can buy” $80 Shipped (Save 20%)
- Free and reduced Apps/Games: Fruit Ninja for Android Free, Avengers Initiative $2, BioShock Infinite $40, more
- EA Games Memorial Day iOS App Sale: Over 55 games for Free or $.99
- iPhone & iPad game, Angry Birds Space, Free for the first time ever (Reg. $.99-$2)
Other great deals we love that may not see tomorrow:
- SlickWraps 35% sitewide sale on all personalized mobile device protective skins
- Sony MDR-XB400 Black On-Ear Headphones: $37 shipped (Reg. $60)
- Free Online Photoshop Training w/ over 80 video lessons
- ViewSonic 24″ 1080p LED Monitor (refurb) $130 Shipped, AOC 27″ Widescreen 1080p $200 Shipped
- Philips Dual-Docking 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock – $80 (Reg. $150)
- SkyDock XM Satellite in-vehicle radio receiver for iPhone and iPod Touch: $30 shipped
- Toshiba 50″ 1080P 60Hz LED HDTV (refurb): $450+$5 shipping
- Nikon Coolpix P310 or S6200 16 Megapixel Digital Cameras: $150/$100 shipped ($180/$120 off)
- Lightning to 30-pin/MicroUSB Adapter 3 pack: $10 shipped
We half-expected it to show its face during Apple’s iPod/iTunes presentation last week. Maybe Amazon did too because it now it looks as if upgraded versions of iLife (and iWork?) Family Pack appear listed on Amazon. In fact it is #3 on Amazon‘s MacOS software best seller list and has been listed since July 27th(!?).