SoundShare has released a major update to their iOS app today that looks to bridge the divide between multiple music streaming services. By combining multiple music streaming services (Spotify, Deezer, and Apple Music), SoundShare creates a social network that takes out any hassles in sharing and discovering music. Even users who may not be using any premium streaming services can take advantage of the app. Thanks to iOS 9.3’s Apple Music API, apps like SoundShare can exist to create a better overall music discovery experience.
A few months after Deezer Music added CarPlay support, the streaming music service has now launched an Apple Watch app. The app squeezes in an impressive amount of functionality to the small screen, as illustrated in the GIF below.
With Deezer on Apple Watch, listeners have access to all the best of Deezer, including:
- Flow – Your own personal DJ that knows exactly what you want to hear, utilising the best of man and machine to play all your favourite hits.
- Player – Take control and “love” your favourite track or skip to play what you want every time.
- Mixes – Let your mood dictate what you want to hear with mixes for every occasion.
- Charts – Always stay ahead of what’s trending with Top Tracks, Top Albums, Top Playlists, and Top Artists.
- My Music – Sync your watch with your iPhone and hear your entire saved music library including favourite tracks, albums, playlists, artists and podcasts.
- Force Touch – Press firmly on the display to see your queue list, hit repeat, and play in shuffle mode …
Google today announced Google Cast for audio, which the company says takes advantage of Chromecast tech to send audio to third-party hardware like speakers, A/V receivers, and sound bars. The feature will allow users to tap a “cast” button from within music and radio apps on Android, iOS and the web to stream audio to Google Cast enabled speakers.