Hundreds of iOS/Mac games & apps are on sale for the holidays, these are the best ones you can’t afford to miss
Update (12/22 3:15pm):
- Apple has now updated the App Store with a “Handpicked Apps & Games for $0.99” sale. Just about all of the top-notch apps from the sale can already be found in our list below including Day One, Word Swag, Scanner Pro, Notability, Leo’s Fortune, DuckTales: Remastered, Alto’s Adventure, Goat Simulator, Duet Game and more.
- We have now updated this post again with all the latest and most popular price drops on the App Stores. Once again, you’ll find the latest additions at the top of each category.
Update (12/21 3:10pm): The app deals just keep coming! This post has now been updated with all of the latest apps and games on sale for the holidays. You’ll find all the newest additions at the top of each category below.
As usual at this time of year, many of the most popular and highly rated iOS and Mac games/apps are going on sale for the holidays. While you may notice a few apps from this past week’s daily roundups, we have scoured the App Stores to bring all of the best and most notable deals to one place. Some highlights include sales on the entire Infinity Blade Trilogy, a massive list of Final Fantasy titles, 2Do, Duet Display, MacPhun photo editors, a few of Apple’s App/Game of the Year 2015 picks and much more:
After first grouping together last year to offer huge discounts on popular apps from independent developers, App Santa is coming to town for the second year in a row with up to 60% off popular iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps to celebrate the holidays.
This year App Santa includes discounts on over 40 paid apps for iOS and OS X from developers including Tapbots, Realmac Software, Agile Tortoise, Readdle, Supertop, Junecloud, and more. The discounts kick off today and will run through December 26th giving you a chance to save money for yourself or gift apps to your family and friends. Check below for a list of confirmed App Santa apps this year:
- Tweetbot 3 for iPhone — Reg. $4.99 — (Review)
- Castro for iPhone — Reg. $3.99 (Review)
- Clear for iOS / Mac — Reg. $4.99 / $9.99 (Review)
- Deliveries for iOS / Mac — Reg. $4.99 / $4.99 (Review)
- Launch Center Pro — Reg. $4.99 (Review)
- Ember for iOS / Mac — Reg. $4.99 / $49.99 (Review)
Up to 83% off 12 top rated iOS apps: 1yr. Parallels iOS access, Printer Pro, Scanner Pro, iDownloader Pro, Day One, more
From 9to5Toys: Stack Social is offering up to 83% off on a collection of top rated apps for your iPhone and iPad starting today. The “StackUp iOS Bundle” consists of 12 award winning apps, 5 of which are ranked among the Top 10 in their respective categories: Printer Pro, Scanner Pro, iDownloader Pro, Day One, and FX Photo Studio.
While these apps have all been bundled in one place for you, you’re not stuck with the whole collection if you don’t want it. They are priced individually at the discounted rate meaning you can choose to only purchase and download the apps you want most.
Along with the rest of the bundled apps, you’ll find One Year Of Parallels Access on iPad for just $15. A year of Parallels access is normally $50 via in-app purchases through the free Parallels iOS app, so with today’s deal you’re saving $35 (70%).
The StackUp iOS Bundle: Up to 83% off – Printer Pro, Scanner Pro, iDownloader Pro, Day One, FX Photo Studio, Parallels Access and more…
You can see a complete list of the apps available along with a brief description and the regular price information below:
NYTimes for iPad version 2.5.3: The New York Times has updated its iPad app today with optimizations for the new iPad’s smaller display:
– Optimized for the iPad Mini
Facebook Messenger version 2.02: On top of “other improvements and bug fixes,” Facebook has added the ability to give feedback about its iOS Messenger app from within settings:
What’s New in Version 2.0.2
– Visit your settings to give feedback about the app
– Other improvements and bug fixes
– MacBook Pro Retina display support
– Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility
– New look
– Overall memory usage and performance improvements
– Color processing improvements
– Enhanced adjustment for all filters
– Bug fixes
-Addresses an issue that could cause a licensed copy of Aperture to prompt for a serial number with each launch
iDisplay Mini: A new iPhone and iPod touch only version of the app that allows you to use your iOS device as a second screen for Mac or PC is out today. Instead of getting the $5 universal app, you can get this iPhone only version for 99 cents.