Following the release of macOS Sierra’s fourth developer beta, Apple has pushed out the third macOS Sierra public beta for non-developer testers. This release should include the new emoji characters introduced to the Mac earlier this week. macOS Sierra brings dozens of new features to the Mac including Siri for the first time.
Aside from Siri, macOS Sierra enhances the Photos app with new object recognition and search features, a new slideshow tool called Memories, the return of the Places view and more. Later this fall, Apple Pay will also be available on the Mac through Safari.
Universal Clipboard will allow you to sync what you copy and paste between Macs, iPhones, and iPads, and iCloud Drive gains Desktop and Documents folder syncing. Other changes include picture-in-picture support for video, new Optimize Storage options for saving hard drive space, and enhancements to Messages. Auto Unlock lets Apple Watch users skip the password log in screen securely.
Catch up on all the latest macOS Sierra news below:
- Apple announces macOS Sierra at WWDC with Apple Pay, Auto Unlock, Universal Clipboard and more
- Apple announces macOS Sierra will ship in the fall, developer beta today, public beta in July
- Hands-on: New features in macOS Sierra [Video]
- Top 10 WWDC 2016 features from iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 [Video + Poll]
- Download iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 Sierra wallpapers for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- macOS Sierra beta lets Mac users rearrange third-party menu bar extras
- How-To: Enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube videos in macOS Sierra
- macOS Sierra Preview Roundup: Mac catching up with iPhone & iPad, but many iOS 10 features are missing
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 2 for developers hits the Mac App Store
- Hands-on with Auto Unlock in macOS Sierra beta 2 [Video]
- FAQ: How to use Auto Unlock with watchOS 3 and macOS Sierra beta 2
- Mac users can test the first macOS Sierra 10.12 public beta starting today [U: Now available]
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 4 hits the Mac App Store for developers
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.