Apple has released the fifth watchOS 4 developer beta for testing on all Apple Watch models. watchOS 4 brings new watch faces including Siri and Toy Story options, enhanced Music and Workout experiences, Apple News, person to person payments and Apple Pay Cash, and more.
watchOS 4 beta is currently only available to registered developers. A public beta version is not provided for Apple Watch software.
watchOS 4 beta 5 recently added the new full-screen celebration effects for Activity achievements, although we’re still awaiting other new features like the new Apple Pay payments.
For more on watchOS 4, check out these stories:
- Apple announces watchOS 4 Apple Watch update
- What’s new in watchOS 4? Hands-on with 50+ features and changes [Video]
- You’ll probably need to upgrade your iPhone 5 or 5c to update Apple Watch to watchOS 4
- Health in iOS 11 & watchOS 4: Diabetes management, insulin delivery, CoreBluetooth, new Workout data & more
- How to switch between list view and honeycomb app grid on Apple Watch with watchOS 4
- Apple’s second watchOS 4 developer beta release now available
We’ll update with any changes discovered in watchOS 4 beta 5 below.
- Starting with a previous beta, the cloud icon has changed to a Wi-Fi icon when an iPhone isn’t connected (likely ahead of cellular models)
- Rearranged Control Center icons
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.