While the Apple Watch doesn’t feature a camera, and by extension a flashlight, Apple does offer users a way to get a super bright light through software techniques.
Follow along as we guide you through how to turn on and customize the flashlight on your Apple Watch.
How to turn on and customize the flashlight
- On your Watch face, swipe up for Control Center.
- Tap on the flashlight icon.
- By default, you’ll have the standard bright white light. From here you can choose from the standard white, a flashing white, or a red light. Note that the flashlight will only shine bright when Apple Watch is facing away from you. When it’s facing your person, it will only shine at the default brightness your Apple Watch is set to.
There you have it! Now you can turn on and choose different lighting options depending on your situation. To turn off the flashlight, simply swipe down on the screen.
With Apple Watch Series 2 or later, the light will be noticeably brighter due to its 1,000 nit display, versus the 500 nit display found in older generations of Apple Watch.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to delete apps and set up automatic offloading
- Apple Watch: How to use Theater Mode
- iPhone: How to use a personal hotspot and change passwords
- Apple Watch: How to enable Water Lock mode
- Apple Watch: How to enable Power Reserve mode
- How to use swipe or glide typing on iPhone
- Apple Watch: How to enable Elevated Heart Rate notifications
- Apple Watch: How to change bands
- Apple Watch: How to pair with new iPhone
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.