Are you having issues with your iPhone X screen not responding properly to touch input? Or seeing the screen respond to ghost touches? Read on for how to check if your iPhone X screen is eligible for a free replacement.
Apple has a service program for iPhone X that replaces the display for users experiencing certain touch problems, free of charge.
The program covers affected iPhone X devices for 3 years after the first retail sale of the unit.
Also, if you’ve already paid to replace your display and it was affected by issues covered by the service program, it’s possible to get a refund by contacting Apple Support.
How to check if your iPhone X screen is eligible for a free replacement
- If you’re not sure, confirm you have an iPhone X (Settings → General → About → Model Name)
- Are you experiencing the screen or part of the screen not responding to touch? Or experiencing ghost touches?
- Get in touch with Apple Support to get set up for a potentially free display replacement
More information on the iPhone X Display Module replacement program:
If your iPhone X has any damage which impairs the ability to complete the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the additional repair.
Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase.
This Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone X.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboard repair or replacement eligibility
- How to use Do Not Disturb on Mac
- How to use password AutoFill on Mac
- How to use password AutoFill on iPhone and iPad
- How to use a custom alphanumeric passcode on iPhone and iPad
- Where is the power button on new MacBooks?
- Where is the power button on iPad Pro?
- Here’s how to cancel your Apple News+ trial and avoid a $10 charge
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.