Welcome to the latest edition of Jeremy’s 5, my latest quick roundup of 5 interesting little things I’ve been testing over the past week. These are all items that aren’t big enough for full articles, but are worth sharing with you anyway.
This week’s edition discusses the state of Apple TV apps/games as we close out 2015, a tip on how to deal with a broken Touch ID sensor, and three apps: Kimoji, Badland 2, and Real Boxing 2 CREED…
Many of you have likely played former Apple Game of the Year winner BADLAND. Well, the very highly rated, puzzle-platformer (flyer?) is now getting its first official sequel courtesy of developer Frogmind.
More details and gameplay footage below:
It looks like we will be getting more of what what we loved about the original including levels that scroll in both directions, online challenges, a full single player campaign and an all-new death dealing array of traps and hazards to avoid. Judging by the 4+ star rating from over 20,000 gamers on the original, it’s hard to imagine the sequel not being just as good.
Witness the award-winning world of BADLAND in even more stunning beauty with levels that extend and scroll to all directions. Survive through new elements such as liquids, flamethrowers, frost, magma, water and volumetric burning light. Fall down deadly rifts, fly to any direction and race & jump along the surfaces as a rolling character on your way to safety.
Challenge your friends and strangers in constantly updating global online events. Race against their best performances and rise in the global rankings.
– A SINGLE PLAYER campaign with deviously imaginative levels
– Global ONLINE CHALLENGES
* Challenge your friends and others in asynchronous online events
– Intuitive two-touch controls combined with innovative level design
– Highly immersive audiovisual gaming experience – best enjoyed with headphones
– Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads
– Game Center and iCloud support
* Progress synced between all linked iOS devices
– Achievements & online leaderboards
– 3D Touch support for iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus!
* Super precise flying using touch
* Quick actions added to home screen icon to quickly access single player and online
– More levels coming soon as free updates
* The original BADLAND is one of the most updated iOS games of all time