Google this morning dropped an update to their Popular Mobile iPhone App, including a feature that many people with iPod touches wanted:
- Use the voice search function on iPod touch models that shipped with earphones that include the remote and microphone
- Improved Voice Search stability
- Fixes crashes on certain search queries such as searching “@”
- Fixes a bug which gave you a hard time when you needed to paste something in the search field
- Improved voice search completion detection
The iPod experience wouldn’t necessarily be seamless. Users would need to carry around their earphones and whenever they needed to voice search they would have to plug them in and put them on.
That, or buy a $1 iPod touch mic.
Or, $60 if you are a “professional”.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel