After slipping to “2-3 weeks” for preorder customers, just two days after the launch of the iPhone 5 last week, readers informed us Apple’s website now lists the device as available to ship in “3-4 weeks” in at least the United States, Australia and Canada. Many other countries are still listed at “2-3 weeks.” Either way, initial shipments will not arrive until long after Apple launches the device in another 22 countries at the end of the month. Most carriers are still advertising availability for Sept. 21, but all three iPhone 5 models on all carriers are listed as available in “3-4 weeks” for the countries mentioned above.
- Here’s a first look at a AT&T nano-SIMs for the iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple announces iPhone 5 preorders hit two million in 24 hours, doubles iPhone 4S record (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint and Verizon won’t support simultaneous voice and data on iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Marketing SVP Phil Schiller confirms: Apple has no iPhone 5 dock in the works (9to5mac.com)
- iPhone 5 shipping times slip to ‘2-3 weeks’, Lightning port adapter shipments push to October (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.