MLB’s At Bat 13 app will get a Spring Training update today for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire devices.
The update is not yet live but will include multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers with account portability for listening to live games on Macs and PCs. It also offers universal iOS and Android support for At Bat 13 subscribers with full feature accessibility across all supported smartphones and tablets.
The app’s new key features will range per device: sortable batting, pitching, and fielding statistics and favorite team enhancements is for iPad and Android tablets, for instance, while re-designed individual team pages, an updated news section interface, and expanded video highlight integration is for iPhone and Android phones.
New features for all devices include a classic games video library archive, re-architected app navigation, and searchable video highlight library expansion to include access to complete video archives. The iPhone version will specifically get additional push notification options.
Check it out:
“MLB.TV Premium subscribers again may upgrade to At Bat 13 for free, unlocking all premium features,” explained MLB’s press release. “Fans also may subscribe to MLB.com At Bat 13 for the one-time annual fee of $19.99, covering the entire season through the World Series. iOS users may pay $2.99/month with the recurring billing offering.”
MLB also said the Opening Day update will come soon and At Bat will debut on the new BlackBerry 10 by Opening Day. The press release and screenshots are available below for more information.
- Apple chairman Arthur D. Levinson talks Steve Jobs, life at Apple since his passing, and board’s role to ‘hire and fire the CEO’
- HTC is getting its money’s worth out of patent and trademark agreement with Apple, new One comes with iPhone 5-like accents
- NPD: Apple grabbed 20 percent of US consumer technology sales revenue in 2012
- HBO comes to Apple TV via AirPlay on the updated HBO Go App
MLB.com At Bat 13 Reports For Spring Training; #1 Sports Mobile App Ever Back For Its Fifth Year
Introduces Gameday Audio universal portability for At Bat 13 subscribers; MLB.TV Premium subscribers again receive At Bat 13 premium features for free
NEW YORK, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — MLB.com At Bat, the top sports mobile application in each of the past four years, has been updated today with the launch of At Bat 13 and its suite of new features across iPhone, iPad, supported Android smartphones and tablets and Kindle Fire. As announced in January, At Bat will debut on the new BlackBerry 10 by Opening Day.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers again may upgrade to At Bat 13 for free, unlocking all premium features. Fans also may subscribe to MLB.com At Bat 13 for the one-time annual fee of $19.99, covering the entire season through the World Series. iOS users may pay $2.99/month with the recurring billing offering.
NEW FOR 2013 (Spring Training update only; Opening Day update coming soon)
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers, offering account portability to listen to live games on Mac/PC desktops and laptops
- Universal iOS and Android support for At Bat 13 subscribers, full feature accessibility across all supported smartphones and tablets
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad and Android tablets)
- Re-designed individual team pages (iPhone and Android phones)
- Updated news section interface (iPhone and Android phones)
- Expanded video highlight integration (iPhone and Android phones)
- Classic games video library archive (all devices)
- Re-architected app navigation (all devices)
- Additional push notification options (iPhone)
- Favorite team enhancements (iPad and Android tablets)
- Searchable video highlight library expansion to include access to complete video archives (all devices)
- In-app annual subscription purchase (Google Play)
SPRING TRAINING FEATURES
- Watch live streaming of more than 200 available Spring Training games with a subscription to MLB.TV Premium (iPhone, iPad, select Android phones & tablets)
- Listen live to available Spring Training radio broadcasts (all)
- Track league-wide scoreboards and batter-by-batter action for every game (all)
- Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and players stats for every team (all)
- Full-season schedule calendars (all)
At Bat is the official application of Major League Baseball. For more information, visit MLB.com.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.